Hello, February 2018 - Time to Talk Day

We are on our way to Spring!

I've got to say, I didn't find January as slow and dreadful as lots of people seemed to be saying it was, but I'm not going to complain about the days getting longer and stepping closer to the warmer months.

January was absolutely action-packed this year, full of family and friends and pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

February is already looking pretty booked up, so I'm looking forward to doing more of the same.



I couldn't write a post today and not mention that it is Time to Talk Day 2018. I'm a huge fan of this day every year, because I cannot emphasise enough how important talking has been in my own mental health journey.

Whether it's been finding the right words to express my own struggle, opening up to a counsellor or using my own voice to begin conversations with others around me who have realised they need help, talking has been the essential ingredient.

I'm not going to go into my story as so many will be telling theirs today, and mine is pretty well documented on this blog. What I will say is that talking matters.

Never underestimate the power of reaching out and asking if somebody is ok.

They may not tell you all that's on their mind, but you've let them know there's a willing ear, and that may be everything they needed to know to carry on with their day.

Make the first move, reach out to those you care about and make sure no one is walking their path alone.

Sophie x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Reading List #7

Writing fiction as a way to move forwards.

The Reading List # 5