The Results: Warrior Women September Self-Development Challenge

Happy 30th September!

This month has flown by. I know I've fit a lot into the time, but at the same time I just don't know where the days have disappeared to.

At the beginning of the month I said that I was going to be trying the Warrior Women September Self-Development Challenge - I'll call it 'the challenge' from now on as that's a bit of a mouthful. It therefore seems only right that on this, the final day of the month, I let you know how I got on.

Below is the original list of challenges, and I can say that I've successfully ticked every single one! If you want to know exactly what I did do each day I was tweeting the whole thing (look for the tweets where I've shared this image).



So, how did I find it?

Realistically, most of the things on this list are things I already do regularly, so maybe for me 'challenge' was the wrong word. It was more a daily prompt to make sure I was staying in the habit of these kind of practices, or a way to shake up my routine and make me do the tasks on different days.

I guess in some ways, though, the fact it didn't feel like much of a challenge was very reassuring. It just goes to show that all these new practices I've been putting in place over the last year have really become a part of my life and my daily rituals. There's a time when someone telling me to meditate or try yoga or listen to a podcast would have sounded alien, but now they're a huge part of my life.

If you're not in the habit of watching documentaries, getting outside, repeating affirmations and the many other things on this list, it would be a perfect way to dip your toes in. It allows you to sample a huge range of ideas and see what you might like to explore more.


The other final thought about this challenge was that it would have been a lot more fun if I felt like I was doing it with part of a group. I suppose in some ways that's the nature of a 30-day challenge, but it seemed to lose momentum. For the first few days, people were excitedly sharing on Facebook what they were up to, but at about a week in this had pretty much stopped.

I also enjoyed the little videos Warrior Women was posting in the first week of the challenge, announcing the day's challenge and explaining what you had to do. Despite the fact the original tweet and announcement said these videos would come daily, they did stop, too. I know there has been a lot of Warrior Women activity going on over the month, so it may be that this one got a little lost. Also, as the movement is fairly new there isn't yet that huge community that might have led to that feeling of momentum I was missing.

Whilst a part of me wanted to only talk about what I loved about the challenge, this space - and, I believe, any movement like Warrior Women - is about being true and honest with yourself. I like to reflect fully on the things I do and share those experiences honestly, and I believe everyone has room and desire to learn and grow. As a brand new company, I'm pretty certain every next move the team makes will just go from strength to strength.


Despite some slight reservations, I do believe this list of thirty challenges could be so helpful to someone looking to spend more time on their self-development and 'me time', and the list could really be used in any month, or you could even pick a thing a week to try.


Did any of you do the challenge? If not, which thing are you most tempted to give a try?

Sophie x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing fiction as a way to move forwards.

Clicking 'Reply'

The Reading List #7