The Recipe Post #12: The simplest spaghetti and fresh tomato dinner

On the evening I made this pasta, the plan had been to make courgetti with tomato, basil and balsamic.

But then there were no courgettes in the shops.

And then my balsamic reduction went to pot.

So I improvised with what I had in front of me.

The result was the most simple, fresh, delicious spaghetti dish.

It almost didn't feel worth posting about, but I think it can be so easy to forget the really simple things once you've got into a pattern of trying to experiment with your meals more.


Ingredients:

  • spaghetti
  • 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 garlic clove, finely minced
  • black pepper and sea salt, to taste
  • 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
  • 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 2 large tomatoes, chopped
This doesn't really need instructions: olive oil in a pan, add the garlic, tomatoes, then cooked spaghetti and finish with basil and lemon juice!

It made a really nice change to a thicker tomato-based sauce, and felt like a very fresh, light dinner for an easy evening.

When I don't feel inspired around dinnertime, I sometimes panic and default to foods that really aren't the best for me. This reminded me that the simplest of meals can be fresh, reasonably healthy but very speedy and fuss-free.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Reading List #7

Writing fiction as a way to move forwards.

The Reading List # 5