Something has clicked

Just a quick post today, but one to say: I think I've cracked it.

The whole 'being healthy' thing.

As in, I've not changed my life, but the willpower and motivation I've been lacking have made an appearance.

For a while now, the last 6 to 12 months in particular, I've not been feeling great.

I've defaulted to foods I know aren't good for me, my only exercise has been walking to and from the tube, and I wasn't really doing anything about it.

But I was sad about it.

I was complaining about it. Maybe internally, but I knew I wasn't happy.

I felt lethargic, heavy, unfit. My clothes all felt just a tiny bit too tight.

But in the last couple of weeks, something has clicked,

Rather than moaning and making half-hearted attempts to change, I've committed.

I know changing my bad habits will take time, but the willpower is there.

Something inside me has said 'enough is enough'.

Last week, I was turning down cake, biscuits and cookies. And I didn't even really mind.

The days exercise is scheduled in, I've done it without (much) complaint.

Climbing the four flights of stairs to my office, instead of taking the lift, has become second nature.

And the times I've eaten out, I've really enjoyed my meal, because it was a treat. A real treat, because I'm no longer having 'treat' foods day in, day out.

I don't quite know what has made this time different, and why I've not given up on day two, like with other 'health kicks'.

But I'm embracing that change, and the differences I'm already feeling.

The stairs don't seem as hard. Turning down that chocolate is getting easier. I'm looking forward to my workouts in the morning.

So long may it continue.

I'm working really hard just to get back on track. To think about the foods I'm putting in my body. To exercise for fitness and also to get some body confidence back.

So far, it's going well.

Do you have any tips that will help me out?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Reading List #7

Writing fiction as a way to move forwards.

The Reading List # 5